I have had one of the prints from the Basic Grey Origins line in my stash for quite a while. I had a yard and a half of it which makes me think that when I bought it I was planning a dress or something for my daughter. Anyway, this past weekend I paired it up with some Kona solids and made new throw pillow covers for my living room.
The old ones needed to go. They used to be made from a nice green silk that I bought before I had kids. Now they were gross - so stained and one even was starting to rip (one too many pillow fights or play fort construction disasters I guess).
I did super quick rectangle piecing for the fronts and quilted in random groups of 1/4" channels. Then I did a nice pocket opening in the back and I was done. 3 quilted pillows in one weekend! Hurray for Basic Grey! I still have about a yard of the print left so it may still end up in Aurelia's wardrobe after all.