Wednesday, March 7, 2012

Simplicty 1879: Shorts Finished!

After the work I did on my muslin was complete these shorts came together really quickly!  As I mentioned in my last post I almost never sew pants for myself so I wasn't sure what to expect but...



I really like them!  The curved waist band is great.  The side zip makes for a nice clean front.  The pleat detail is just enough to make them fun without adding bulk to the tummy. 


I cut the inside piece for the waist band from some left over pink plaid from my daughters skirt.  This is one of the great perks of sewing for yourself in my opinion - besides getting a custom fit you get to add secret prints just you will see. 


Cute and comfy!  I think I will make these again for sure once we start to see some warmer weather here.  I would love a pair in a soft, washed denim or olive drab, even a print in the right scale (similar to the garment on the pattern envelope).  If you are looking to build some summer staples into your wardrobe in the next couple of months Simplicity 1879 is a good one to try.  As for me, I think my next project is going to be some tanks using the famous, free Sorbetto pattern from Colette Patterns.

2 comments:

  1. The shorts look great on you! And you were able to correct all the fit issues...well done!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is so helpful to me-Thank you for blogging your alterations.

    ReplyDelete