Sunday, November 6, 2011

Simplicty 2569: Finished Witch Costume!


I am pleased to say that I finished my daughter's witch costume just in time for Halloween.   
It is fully lined in black cotton voile.  The self drafted collar mirrors the lines in the peplum.  There is a little faux placket that addes some interest to the bodice and a gathered organza sash at the waist.   



I made her hat using black felt and some scraps left over from the dress and this tutorial at Project Run and Play.  It is stitched onto a padded black satin head band that I had hanging around the house. 



Her broom came from one of those 60% off Halloween decor sales that seem to be happening in every store you walk into these days.     

I'm pretty proud of the dress.  I probably spent a little too much time on it for a dress that would only get worn once but Halloween is my favorite holiday so this dress feels special to me and I was willing to put the extra time and effort into it. 

I can't wait to see what she will chose to be next year when she is old enough to speak her mind on the subject.  I hope that everyone had a great holiday!

No comments:

Post a Comment