Friday, September 23, 2011

Mod Sampler Quilt in City Weekend Fabric

When I was digging through my fabric stash to find prints and solids for the Threaded Mess Block Drive I realized that my sewing supplies and fabrics were in total disarray.  So I did alot of sorting, folding and organizing.  It felt great to get everything in order and I found quite a few patterns and pieces of fabric that I forgot I had.  For instance, I found quite alot of fabric from the City Weekend line by Oliver + S.  I thought I had used up most of my City Weekend stash but it turns out I had 1/4 yard cuts, 1/2 yard cuts and even 1.5 yard cuts of several prints!

I decided to try to use up my City Weekend since Oliver + S is due out with a new line called Cape Ann and I know I will want to purchase some of these new prints when they hit stores in October...


  How can I justify stashing a bunch of Cape Ann when I still have so much City Weekend on hand?  I can't - so I must sew first, then shop. 

I'm pairing my City Weekend prints with solids in pink, blue, yellow, green and grey and using the free Mod Sampler Quilt pattern (by Elizabeth Hartman of Oh, Fransson).  I'm thinking that I will do 2" rows of white sashing.  Binding color is still up in the air.  I will probably do a pieced back but I'm waiting to plan that untill I see what fabrics and amounts I have left over after I've pieced the front. 

Here are some of my completed blocks.  I have really been enjoying the simple piecing work for these blocks.  Relaxing late night sewing during these stressfull back to school times!

  
 
 

 


No comments:

Post a Comment