Sunday, August 21, 2011

Anna Maria Horner Free Embroidery Pattern

I just love the posts over at Anna Maria Horner's blog - especially the last couple she has posted about her new Needleworks products.  She has released 2 free embroidery patterns to go with her threads (get them here and here).  I stitched up the table scarf project that she posted most recently.  I used a turquoise cross-weave fabric from my local quilt shop and I backed the scarf with one of the larger scale prints from the AMH LouLouthi line. 
I used DMC embroidery floss in colors very close to the Anchor thread colors that are recommended in the embroidery pattern.  The pattern called for a large cross stitched border but I decided to try something different.  I did two stripes made of running stitches in 2 different colors with tiny little cross stitches every half inch to couch the large stitches down and to hide the place where the running stitches meet. 
Now I just need a lovely vase of flowers to sit on top!




No comments:

Post a Comment