Saturday, April 9, 2011

Dresden Plate Project, Part 3

We have overnight visitors this weekend so I've had to put my sewing machine away and clear off my sewing space so that it can be used as the actual dining room table.  Humf.  So my work on the Market blouse has had to be postponed for a day or two.  Hopefully I'll get back to it tomorrow.  In the interim I'm making due with a little hand sewing here and there.  Today I was able to put the last few stitches in the binding on my latest dresden plate wall hanging...


This one is a little different than my first two.  I took more creative license with this one and just went with the colors and embelishments that made me happy rather than worrying about whether it would match anything in my house or what a quilted wall hanging should or should not have, etc.  I think it is my favorite dresden plate so far.  I used fabrics from AMH's Innocent Crush line.  The background and center circle are done in wool felt and then I went back to the AMH fabrics to make a yo-yo to go over the wool at the center circle.  Then I added a scrap of wool felt to the center of the yo-yo.  I don't like to see the back side of the fabric in the center of a yo-yo.  I used cotton embroidery floss for the quilting and embroidery. 
I invested in this little quilting notion to make my dresden plates just a little easier.  I really like it so far.  (I realize it is hard to see in the picture so forgive my limited photographic skills.) 

And, I have these two blocks all sandwiched and ready to go next, also using fabrics from the Innocent Crush line.
Are you sick of seeing my dresden plates yet?  I hope not because I have a feeling these won't be my last.

No comments:

Post a Comment